Synchrony Medical, a clinical-stage medical device startup, is looking for a VP R&D.
Synchrony is developing LibAirtyTM – a next-generation, home use, airway clearance system for patients living with chronic lung diseases. Following a successful clinical trial, we are now growing and looking to enhance our leadership team. If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of millions of patients, come join us on this amazing journey!
Role and Responsibilities:
The VP R&D will lead all product development efforts of the company. He/she will have the overall responsibility for directing the software and hardware development of the company’s core product.
- Managing all R&D aspects of the company throughout the full medical device lifecycle.
- Defining and executing the R&D workplan according to milestones and budget.
- Leading a multi-disciplinary R&D team & subcontractors: software, algorithmics, hardware and mobile app.
- Taking part in management meetings to decide on company strategy.
- Drive all R&D aspects of Intellectual Property (IP)
- Work closely with Clinical, Regulatory, Marketing and QA representatives.
- Attract, develop, and retain top talent for the R&D team
- BSc./M.Sc. in Electrical/ Biomedical/SW Engineering from a known university.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing R&D teams.
- Deep understanding of medical device development process and regulatory considerations.
- Previous experience developing digital health platforms – remote patient monitoring, data analysis & management, and medical device cybersecurity.
- Experience in signal processing and algorithms – advantage
- Took part in designing and executing clinical trials (at home \ hospital) – advantage
- Experience in development of wearable devices – advantage
- Motivated, creative, team player with a hands-on approach
- English – written and spoken
Please send relevant CVs to: [email protected]